Breast cancer is a type of cancer that develops from breast cells. Breast cancer usually starts in the inner lining of milk ducts or lobules that supply them milk. A malignant tumor can also spread to other parts of the body. A breast cancer that takes place in the lobules is known as lobular carcinoma & the one that developed from the ducts is called ductal carcinoma.
Breast cancer is the most common invasive cancer in females universally. It is 16% of all female cancers and 22.9% of invasive cancers in females. 18.2% of all cancer deaths globally, including both males and females, are due to breast cancer.
What Are The Symptoms?
- A lump in any of the breasts
- Pain in the armpits or any of the breasts that isn’t related to the woman's menstrual cycle
- Redness or pitting of the skin of the breast
- A rash around one of the nipples
- A lump in one of the armpits
- One of the nipples has a discharge which may contain blood
- The nipple changes in appearance; it may become inverted or sunken
- The size or the shape of any breast changes
- The breast-skin or nipple-skin may have started to peel, scale or flake.
How Is It Treated?
Most women with breast cancer will have to go through some type of surgery to remove the tumor. It depends on the type of breast cancer and how advanced it is, you could need other types of treatment as well, either prior or post surgery, or sometimes in both cases. Usually, treatment plans are centered on the type of breast cancer, its stage, and any special situations.
Types Of Breast Cancer
- Invasive breast cancer
- Ductal carcinoma in situ
- Lobular carcinoma in situ
- Inflammatory breast cancer
- Breast cancer in the course of pregnancy
Your treatment plan will rest on on other factors as well, including your general health and personal preferences.
Breast Cancer is the reason of innumerable number of deaths around the world and it should be handled very professionally at every stage. Guru Multispecialty Hospital in Madurai provides quality treatment for all kinds of cancers.
Visit Us : cancer-treatment-madurai.com
Mail Us : email@example.com